Free Subscription

Subscribe to receive free email notifications of new articles

Contact us

The North Africa Journal
66 West Flagler Street, 12th Floor, Suite 1204-A
Miami, FL 33130
Phone: 617-286-2058
Fax: 305.468.6374
Email: journal@North-Africa.com

Algeria’s Recent Oil Exploration Bid Round: Not Enough Takers and Why

Email this to someonePrint this page
Statoil resumed its work in the In Amenas site on September 2014, and expanded a bit more by winning a Timissit Permit License in the Illizi-Ghadames Basin onshore Algeria, in partnership with Shell. The license is located in southeastern Algeria, not too far from the Libyan border, covering an area of 2,730 square kilometers. Statoil will be the operator, owning 30% equity, Shell will hold 19% and, per the Algeria law known as 51%/49%, the remaining 51% will be held by Sonatrach. Continue here.

Profile photo of The North Africa Journal

The North Africa Journal is a leading English-language publication focused on North Africa. The Journal covers primarily the Maghreb region and expands its general coverage to the Sahel, Egypt, and beyond, when events in those regions affect the broader North Africa geography. The Journal does not have any affiliation with any institution and has been independent since its founding in 1996. Our position is to always bring our best analysis of events affecting the region, and remain as neutral as humanly possible. Our coverage is not limited to one single topic, but ranges from economic and political affairs, to security, defense, social and environmental issues. We rely on our full staff analysts and editors to bring you best-in-class analysis. We also work with sister company MEA Risk LLC, to leverage the presence on the ground of a solid network of contributors and experts. Information on MEA Risk can be found at www.MEA-Risk.com.